Friday, September 25, 2009

Missing you



I miss walking my dog early in an autumn morning, breathing the cool air coming from the Hudson, surrounded by the changing leafs of the tall and ancient trees of Riverside Park. I miss my comfortable apartment, with its high ceilings and immense windows overlooking West End Avenue. I miss taking Eloisa in her stroller to the supermarket, down Broadway, in the hustle and bustle of my multicultural neighbourhood. I miss the craziness of Times Square, my co-workers in the MTV building, the water-cooler conversations, the after work drinks. I miss having a burrito in Chipotle with my Jens. I miss sunny days in Central Park, sitting on a blanket in Sheeps Meadow. I miss late night drinks at the Blind Tiger, talking with the bartender, making new friends among the patrons. I miss dinner at the cool new restaurant in the Lower East Side, synchronized waiters at Tabla, birthday parties of dear friends in a tiny dark lounge. I miss smoking a cigarette at the balcony while everybody dances at the last “maricas y mujeres” party. I miss Sunday matinees, piano bars, show tunes, karaokes and little jazz bands warming the night. I miss a snowy day with cassoulet in Jarnac. I miss getting lost in your streets, breathing your air… I miss you. I left my heart in a Manhattan cross street.

1 comment: