Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Going on 40...

Ramblings and obsessions of a thirty many year old... Man, time is picking up pace and running for the hills. And now I can almost look at the big 4-0 looking at me in the eye. Where has my life gone? Where are all the dreams I had when I was a teenager? Am I still allowed to dream? Can I still start from zero and hope for the best?

I never really thought my life will look like this at 40. I wish there was more happiness. I also hoped more excitement. Life has become like groundhog day, every day waking up to a day that's like a photocopy of yesterday. And only I can change it. Because I could sit here and wait but waiting is not going to do it.My ass is only going to grow bigger.



It is amazing that from this perch of experience I am starting to realize what I really want from life. And that at this point, even after the disappointments and all the shinny dreams that went down the drain, I still hope everything will turn 180 degrees and I will find myself in that spot, that brilliant spot I always hoped for. Maybe I took the wrong road but I am still able to do a course correction and get back on track. If I can get my fear in check, I can take a big stride and prove that the sky is not even a limit. I can fly!

I might be thirty many, but I still dream like a teenager. And I am allowing myself to feel stuff for the very first time. I am experiencing a renewal of my emotions. I am going to stop looking in all the wrong places, I am going to take life by the horns, change what I do not like, and hope for the best. I will take charge but go with the flow. I will only control what is controllable and put all of me into chasing my future. And with uncontrollable stuff, I just let the current of this massive river take care of me. Drowning is out of question. And fear can kiss my royal Spanish ass.

Let the fireworks begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment